Friday, November 21, 2014

A salute to Stelios, whose digital presence went dark while I wasn't looking ...

Damn, I'm gone for a month and coming back I had to discover that one of my favorite bloggers has killed all his accounts. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. Stelios V. Perdios of Word of Stelios fame (former D20 Dark Ages) is gone, it seems, for good. He'll have his reasons and it is on him to share them or not, but I wanted to take the time to say that it didn't go unnoticed. I'd always check his blogs for updates and enjoyed his writings immensely. Right now I'm thinking I maybe could have commented more often, since I believe it really helps a blogger to keep on trucking when others take the time to share their thoughts about a post you've written (and it's something I don't do often enough in general, but that's neither her nor there). Anyway, whatever his reasons are, a lack of comments won't be the main issue here and what we are left with is that he's gone and that's a sad thing to behold.

Alright, Stelios, here is my salute to you: I've enjoyed your blogs for the years they've been around and it's sad to see you gone. I really hope it's not your final decision. And whatever you are doing right now, I hope you're well and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.


Edit: Now we know he will be back! Which is a good thing :) Way better than going without saying anything, which would just show us all how fragile every social contact in the internet is. Nobody wants that ...

Anyway, now for something completely different.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words!

    I'm not gone--just experimenting with moving away from Blogger to a different platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You're welcome. Man, I really thought you had jumped ship. I mean, even your g+ comments are gone (which was a bummer, because of this one thing, where this one thing was missing and we were just waiting to do that thing ...)! Well, anyway, there you go, I care :) And others, too! Good to hear I draw the wrong conclusions ...

      Delete

Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.